1. This morning, I pushed the duallie stroller with both girls for the first time. 4+ miles with that kind of resistance made me feel pretty badass.
2. Last night was my first night of classes at MSU, and I am super excited. I just love being back in class. It’s been six years! Here’s a few fun facts I learned:
- The distinction between macro and micronutrients.
- The distinction between deficiency and toxicity.
- The distinction between vitamins and minerals.
3. I’ve been menu planning and preparing meals ahead of time. Some new recipes include:
- Raw breakfast bars.
- Slow cooker rice and beans (on Monday, of course), slow cooker red dahl and lime.
- Prepping ingredients for fast salads:
- Boiling beets and eggs.
- Slow cooker dried beans.
- Extra salad dressing (I make my own).
4. I FINALLY finished The Goldfinch; it took me damn near three months to do so. The trouble with a Kindle is that you don’t realize you’re reading an 800 page tome until you’ve already been reading for a month and you think to check the specs. It was ok, but not worth 800 pages.
5. I’m not terribly bothered by changing diapers, and I’m not desperate for Henrie to fully potty train, but I will say that diapering has become less pleasant with Henrie as of late. Man, the girl can fill her drawers with some stink. Anyway, I’ve decided to try a little extrinsic motivation, namely a sticker chart and a temporary tattoo for every successful potty poo. I’ll let you know how it goes :)